Sodexo has an opening for an Accountant in the Client Balance Sheet Department with our Finance Shared Services Team located in Cheektowaga, NY which handles the accounting for our North American Operations. Within the team there are many departments and positions so there’s opportunities for growth & advancement.
This role will work a hybrid schedule averaging three days in the office and two days from home plus vacation, holidays and personal days.
The office offers a modern, collaborative environment with free parking and on-site full-service cafeteria
If you are looking for a good work/life balance - we’ve got it.
Performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation, reconciliation, and analysis of financial data in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) / GAAP and industry accounting and reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Interpret contractual agreements to ensure proper accounting treatments, create client statements and/or settlements
- Prepare financial statements or trial balance, project, and cost accounting
- Prepare general ledger or bank reconciliations; prepare journal entries and resolve issues
- Fixed asset or inventory accounting
- Apply GAAP and IFRS, Sodexo policies and procedures and provide objective accounting judgment and guidance leading to the production of accurate and reliable financial reports for Sodexo and clients.
- Provide accounting support for Sodexo's business operators and internal accounting teams. Recommend reporting actions by understanding and implementing policies and procedures.
- Interpret and implement agreed upon contractual terms and accounting treatment standards.
- Communicate relevant information and guidance to support business decisions for diverse audiences at various levels of the organization.
- Participate in the financial close process including journal entry preparation, system maintenance, financial analysis, and projections.
- Prepare, reconcile, and analyze accounting schedules such as balance sheet account reconciliations and income and expense reconciliations.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization. Provide relevant information and accounting guidance to support or correct business input and decisions for diverse audiences to ensure accuracy
- Maintain accurate and reliable accounting systems, databases, and procedures.
- Produce ad hoc reports and analysis for business operators, Transversal Finance functions: Centers of Expertise, Segment Finance, and other functional support departments.
- Participate in projects or department-wide tasks with guidance. Maintain and update departmental desk procedures.
- Provide routine instructional training, guidance, and answer questions from customers (internal and external) and accountants on company policies and procedures, processes and systems, reporting, problem solving techniques and effective communication strategies
Is this the right opportunity for you? We are looking for candidates who have/are:
- Contract interpretation skills
- Microsoft Office software, including strong Excel skills
- Basic working knowledge of Sodexo’s financial systems (SAP, Enterprise Analysis, UFS, EDW, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management preferred
- 0-2 years accounting / finance experience preferred
- Microsoft Office software, including Excel skills
- Pro-active, responsive and action orientated
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you? At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.Working for Sodexo:How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Performs routine assignments. Has conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline typically acquired through a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or EquivalentSodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $18.80 to $28.40/hour
$18.7981 to $28.3990
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 945406