Accounting Clerk - Winnipeg Manitoba.
Job Listing: Accounting Clerk
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an Accounting Clerk for the Canada Life Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Canada Life Centre is an indoor sports arena and entertainment venue in downtown Winnipeg. The arena is the home of the Winnipeg Jets of the National Hockey League and the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League.
Canada Life Centre was designed with the fan in mind. Every seat, every sightline, every concession area and every full-color video display has been engineered to provide the ultimate fan experience. We've done our best to create a place where fans can enjoy themselves and we hope you will do just that.
The Accounting Clerk is an entry level accounting position which requires strong numbers orientation, problem-solving skills, research skills, computer skills and attention to detail.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing accounting support to the Office Manager or other management personnel within the business unit. They will perform basic accounting tasks such as keying daily worksheets into the general ledger system, ensuring files are complete and maintained, handling accounts receivable or payable duties, and other functions to generally support the department.
- Support the Accounting function and maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through performance of varied accounting tasks and duties.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the business unit by inputting and processing accounting related data to maximize revenues and profits.
- Generate all invoices.
- Process all invoiced remittances and bank deposits.
- Maintain various accounts receivable listings including all spreadsheet schedules and listings in accounting software.
- Track credit card receivables and remittances daily.
- Pursue collections on overdue accounts receivable.
- Process invoices for payment after verifying proper authorizations and obtaining proper signatures.
- Issue purchase order numbers.
- Maintain purchase order spreadsheet listing as well as hard copies to match with invoices.
- Invoice clients and reconcile client accounts.
- Reconcile Tim Hortons, and Concession stand sheets.
- Perform other related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- High school diploma, some college and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Two years of strong accounting experience.
- Ability to work independently, exercising appropriate skills for effective judgment, creative problem solving and taking initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to deliver and interpret information across various sources.
- Numbers orientation, with ability to accurately compute various mathematical equations.
- Exceptional computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and, on several tasks, /projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of the finance area.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live! however, only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other applicable provincially protected status.