Accounting Manager - Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
Job Listing: Accounting Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager for the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center located in Dallas, TX.
The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas (KBHCCD) is one of the largest convention centers in the nation. Every year it welcomes over a million visitors attending major national and international conventions, meetings, concerts, athletic competitions, auto shows, and more.
Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, the KBHCCD has been and continues to be a fixture in the Dallas skyline offering 1 million square feet of exhibit space, three ballrooms, 88 meeting rooms, 1,750-seat theater, and a 9,816-seat arena. The award-winning facility is connected to a 1,001-room hotel via skybridge and is adjacent to two Vertiport landing pads.
The Accounting Manager will support the financial affairs of their assigned business unit, with guidance from the Corporate Office, Unit Controller and Regional Controller.
The Accounting Manager will partner closely with the Payroll and HR departments or will be responsible for performing Payroll and HR-related duties, in addition to tasks and responsibilities related to accounts payable and receivable, tax and compliance, and financial analysis and reporting.
The Accounting Manager will partner with the operations team and other department heads to ensure the financial performance of the unit and that Sodexo Live! standards for accuracy, efficiency and quality are upheld.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to accounting operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to Accounting department staff.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline, CPA strongly desired
- 5+ plus years of experience in a leadership role in financial reporting and accounting within a company with annual Food & Beverage sales in excess of $5M.
- Previous Accounting / Retail Revenue experience within a food service environment preferred.
- Exceptional computer literacy with expert-level EXCEL/ACCESS and Microsoft Office Suite software; Previous experience with Lawson accounting a software a huge plus; Extensive experience with menu board technology or comparable digital technology.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, to include Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong ability to analyze financial data and prepare ad-hoc financial reports, statements and projections as needed.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of the finance area.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.