Administrative Assistant - SAFE Credit Union Convention Center
- Sacramento, CA, USA
- 21-23 per hour
- Full Time
Job Listing: Administrative Assistant
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for the SAFE Credit Union Convention Center.
Sacramento's downtown SAFE Credit Union Convention Center reopened in the spring of 2021 after a stunning renovation and expansion. The new Convention Center offers 240,000 square feet of meetings and event space, along with a new outdoor activities plaza to take full advantage of Sacramento's ideal climate. You'll find more than 2,000 hotel rooms within walking distance of the Convention Center, and 2,000 more within just 3 miles. In fact, Sacramento opened two new hotels in 2021, and there's more exciting development on the horizon.
Administrative Assistant is a broad job category that designates an individual who provides research, clerical, administrative and technical support to the operation, either to a specific executive, such as the General Manager, or to a group, such as the Hospitality, Human Resources or Catering department.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating and executing administrative processes to ensure the overall efficiency of Sodexo Live!'s business operations. They will serve as an information resource, will maintain office records, generate correspondence, liaise with clients, vendors and outside entities and will perform general clerical duties such as answering phones and processing expense reports. They are responsible upholding Sodexo Live!'s standards for accuracy, efficiency and quality, as they relate to administrative functions.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through execution of systems and policies related to administrative operations.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- High school diploma, some college and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- One year of previous administrative experience, to include office management principles and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, exercising appropriate skills for effective judgment, creative problem solving and taking initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to deliver and interpret information across various sources.
- Exceptional ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Numbers orientation, with ability to accurately compute various mathematical equations.
- Exceptional computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- College degree in Business, Accounting or a related field of study.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of the finance area.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to work in extremes of cold and heat.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.