Administrative Assistant - Shedd Aquarium - Culinary Department
Job Listing: Administrative Assistant
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Shedd Aquarium-Culinary Department.
Shedd Aquarium is one of oldest and most respected aquariums in North America. The Aquarium cares for more than 32,000 animals, and maintains the most diverse aquatic collection in the world, with more than 1,500 species. Shedd Aquarium is dedicated to conservation education, animal care, and conservation science and research. As Chicago's top tourist attraction and the most attended US Aquarium in 2012, the Aquarium welcomes more than 2 million guests annually. Shedd Aquarium is an economic contributor and is the crown jewel of Chicago's cultural attraction
Administrative Assistant is a broad job category that designates an individual who provides research, clerical, administrative and technical support to the operation, specific to the Sales and Catering department.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating and executing administrative processes to ensure the overall efficiency of Sodexo Live!'s business operations. They will serve as an information resource, will maintain office records, generate correspondence, liaise with clients, vendors and outside entities and will perform general clerical duties such as answering phones and processing expense reports. They are responsible upholding Sodexo Live!'s standards for accuracy, efficiency and quality, as they relate to administrative functions.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through execution of systems and policies related to administrative operations.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- High school diploma, some college and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- One year of previous administrative experience, to include office management principles and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, exercising appropriate skills for effective judgment, creative problem solving and taking initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to deliver and interpret information across various sources.
- Exceptional ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Numbers orientation, with ability to accurately compute various mathematical equations.
- Exceptional computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- College degree in Business, Accounting or a related field of study.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of the finance area.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to work in extremes of cold and heat.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Job Reference #: 3225916