Area Executive Chef
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference!!
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABALE!
Sodexo has an opportunity for an Area Executive Chef for our Campus Segment. This position will serve as the lead culinarian supporting the Maine Region and will support 14 locations and and direct food production related to Resident Dining, Retail and Catering Services. The best qualified candidate will have: University and /or fine dining culinary and culinary management experience -- a culinary degree preferred but not mandatory -- experience with training and leading a culinary staff -- experience with on-line ordering and inventory management -- experience with food and labor costing -- experience with menu creation and culinary catering production. Must be willing to travel to location sites weekly, some overnights.
The ideal Chef will have a Culinary Degree or equivalent experience as well as diverse menu knowledge and a high level understanding of controlling food cost while still delivering high quality cuisine. This is a hands-on Chef role requiring previous experience managing volume food production.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.