Area Executive Chef
As chefs, we have the power to influence lives through the power of food.
* $5,000 Sign On Bonus *
Sodexo Senior Living is seeking an Area Executive Chef to oversee the culinary operations at six Asbury Communities located in Pennsylvania and Maryland. The ideal candidate will reside nearby Gaithersburg, Maryland or Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Reporting to the District Manager, you will direct food production related to Resident Dining, Retail and Catering Services. The best qualified candidate will have: Senior Living and /or fine dining culinary and culinary management experience -- a culinary degree preferred but not mandatory -- experience with training and leading a culinary staff -- experience with on-line ordering and inventory management -- experience with food and labor costing -- experience with menu creation and culinary catering production. Multi functioning hands on chef to implement VIP events and staff.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Pay: $73,400 to $110,990/year
$73400 to $110990
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 971241