Area General Manager
Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Area General Manager to join our team. The Area General Manager will over 4 corporate services accounts. The AGM will be based at our high profile client location in Stamford CT.
The AGM will be assist the DM with the management of the entire Multi-site contract, including special projects.
The AGM candidate will have both strong retail and catering sales experience as well as demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking and financial acumen skills. The ideal candidate will also have a culinary background.
The Area General Manager will have responsibility for:
- Day to day operations
- Managing finances/ budgets
- Direct client interaction
- Managing a team of 2 managers and 8 frontline team members
The ideal candidate will be:
- Comfortable in client management
- Able to multi-task, lead by example and direct employees in a fast paced environment
- Have strong financial acumen
- Flexible and able to lead through change
- Be process driven with attention to detail
- Passionate and highly motivated
- Excellent Customer service skills
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.