Area General Manager
You are a forward-thinking leader who thrives on challenges. Engage in process optimizations with strategic outcomes. Bring your leadership to a new role at Sodexo!
Sign-on bonus and relocation available!
Sodexo is a seeking a strategic minded Area General Manager for Corpus Christi Medical Center Bay Area. Serving the Corpus Christi and the surrounding Coastal Bend community, Corpus Christi Medical Center is a healthcare system focused on the needs of individual patients while employing the latest techniques and research of 21st-century medicine offering the best services and care.
The Area General Manager will oversee 3 locations focusing on budgets and financial reporting, client relations, and talent management. Success for the ideal candidate will be driven by positive outcomes through client satisfaction, retention, and positive patient and guest satisfaction scores. The successful candidate will have GM level experience managing food operations, strong financial acumen, and effective communication skills with a demonstrated track record of developing strong client relationships.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), the largest for-profit healthcare provider in the US, offers a unique career opportunity for you to partner within and join our growing nationwide HCA portfolio of business. We are looking for individuals with the ability to manage labor efficiently and a proven track record of driving patient satisfaction.
We're looking for candidates who:
- have a strong financial acumen;
- have experience managing multiple locations or business segments;
- can build and foster relationships across Sodexo internally to ensure additional market growth and the promotion of comprehensive solutions offerings to clients – this includes collaborating with senior leaders and Business Development to grow Sodexo’s business in the assigned market;
- can develop exceptional client relations and ensure the facility’s product offerings/solutions align with client needs;
- drive solutions that optimize the current business portfolio;
- develop and execute a strategy to accelerate business growth throughout the region;
- play a key role and enthusiastically supports the succession planning and development of key personnel within area of responsibility;
- can ensure the organization’s brand reputation; and/or
- lead and motivate the management team, inspiring strategic direction; secure and/or deploy resources; cultivate relationships with clients and other teams within Sodexo; ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments; sustain client satisfaction and retention; and maintain strong employee relations.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.