Assistant Banquet Manager
Job Listing: Assistant Banquet Manager - Memphis
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating truly unforgettable moments.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Assistant Banquet Manager for potential new business of the Memphis Renasant Convention Center and Cannon Center for the Performing Arts located in Memphis, TN.
The modern Memphis Renasant Convention Center and Cannon Center are beautiful meeting, events and performance space with natural light, iconic riverfront views, and flexible spaces to create unparalleled experiences! As a cornerstone of Memphis' cultural and business landscape, they take pride in hosting a diverse array of conventions, conferences, trade shows, special events and performances that bring people together from across the globe. Nestled in the heart of the vibrant downtown, the state-of-the-art facility boasts over 300,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, equipped with cutting-edge technology and top-notch amenities. Its theater seats 2051 guests.
- Maximize Sodexo Live! revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to banquet events.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of business unit by partnering with Director of Operations/Catering department; monitors and ensures all aspects of operations are completed in an efficient and effective manner by staff.
- Provides leadership and direction to banquets catering staff to deliver a customer service in accordance with Sodexo Live! standards and policies.
- Contributes to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelors degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to facilitate on-the-job effectiveness.
- 4 years of previous Banquet Management experience in a large-scale hotel or high-quality convention center.
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts and be available as business demands require.
- Exceptional computer skills and familiarity with property management systems such as a Banquet Event Order Software.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of the finance area.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Must have unwavering and exceptional service delivery standards.
- Valid driver's license for retrieval and transport of equipment for off-site events.
Sodexo Live! a Sodexo company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.