Assistant General Manager
Job Listing: Assistant General Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating truly unforgettable moments.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Assistant General Manager for potential new business of the Memphis Renasant Convention Center and Cannon Center for the Performing Arts located in Memphis, TN.
The modern Memphis Renasant Convention Center and Cannon Center are beautiful meeting, events and performance space with natural light, iconic riverfront views, and flexible spaces to create unparalleled experiences! As a cornerstone of Memphis' cultural and business landscape, they take pride in hosting a diverse array of conventions, conferences, trade shows, special events and performances that bring people together from across the globe. Nestled in the heart of the vibrant downtown, the state-of-the-art facility boasts over 300,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, equipped with cutting-edge technology and top-notch amenities. Its theater seats 2051 guests.
The Assistant General Manager serves as a right hand to the General Manager. As a visible and key member of the unit-level Leadership Team, they will exemplify and display unquestionable ethical conduct in both business and personal dealings, as they are responsible to model Sodexo Live!'s vision and values, ensuring in all ways for the customer, employees, the industry and the local community that Sodexo Live! is held in the highest regard.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing and maximizing the productivity of the operations and administrative staff and is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements and processes related to the unit's day-to-day operating budget. They will provide support and hands-on assistance to plan, prepare, oversee, report and reconcile the unit's on-going business activities to ensure its commercial success.
The Assistant General Manager will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for all venue staff. Working in close partnership with the unit's various divisions and key department heads, the Assistant General Manager will create, lead and execute food and beverage experiences that exceed guest expectations and maximize revenue while controlling expenses.
- Ensure unit is compliant with company policies and standards at all times in all facets of the food and beverage industry.
- Teach, supervise, direct all department managers so operational needs (financial, staffing, product, uniforms, etc.) are met on a daily basis.
- Schedule management personnel.
- Determine appropriate levels of stand food, beverage and merchandise for opening events.
- Oversee vault balancing, change fund ordering, and petty cash reconciliation.
- Schedule armored car service for timely deposits of revenue.
- Interact with facility personnel to obtain operational needs (security, cleaning, maintenance, etc.).
- Assist HR in developing training standards for alcohol service, customer service, safety, harassment, etc.
- Work with Warehouse Manager on purchasing decisions in line with company required and "best" practices.
- Develop new and innovative menu items.
- Complete and maintain cost of sales analysis.
- Assist with construction or renovation plans and their execution.
- Work with client on sponsorship and promotions.
- Oversee weekly sales and cash, WOR, payroll and accounts payable/receivable.
- Supervise period end inventory process and troubleshoot when problems arise.
- Assure editorial role on all unit publications (newsletters, calendars, memos, etc.).
- Attend and assist on employee grievances and union issue meetings.
- Audit Worker Compensation Compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations, laws and policies.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
- 3-5 years previous operations leadership experience in a complex food service environment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Significant expertise in food and beverage management with a catering/concessions emphasis.
- Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling and responsible alcoholic beverage service.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with strong background in P&L management; Previous experience in developing operating budgets and established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Keen ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.