Assistant HR Manager - Seattle Mariners
Job Listing: Assistant HR Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Assistant HR Manager for T-Mobile Park, home of the Seattle Mariners.
Since the Inaugural Game on July 15, 1999, T-Mobile Park has gained a reputation locally, regionally and nationally as a terrific setting for baseball and a great place for baseball fans. Sweeping views of Seattle's downtown skyline, breathtaking sunsets over Puget Sound, combined with excellent views of game action from all angles give fans at T-Mobile Park an experience unequalled in Major League Baseball.
The Assistant HR Manager is responsible for the provision of employee-focused information, services, programs processes and policies. They are responsible for maintaining all personnel-related documentation, files and systems of record. They will organize general office and administrative procedures and will act as a key support and communications point person for the unit's management team and front line staff.
Working closely with the HR Manager and department heads, the Assistant HR Manager will provide coordination efforts, support, guidance, counsel and assistance in the areas of employee relations, benefits, payroll and compensation administration, leadership development, diversity and ethics, employment law and policy compliance, labor relations, recruitment, on-boarding, training and workforce management.
The Assistant HR Manager will maintain the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality, as they are charged with the protection of sensitive Company and employee information, and they will act with some independence to ensure fairness and objectivity for all employees while exemplifying and supporting Sodexo Live!'s vision, mission and values.
- Facilitate HR systems and processes; Provide advice, counsel, guidance and assistance across all HR disciplines to unit employees.
- Support, leverage and expand the effectiveness and capabilities of unit-level workforce through focus on positive employee experiences, fostering teamwork, building strong team relationships and sharing information to build team awareness.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of district, regional and organizational HR business strategies.
- Contribute to the goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field of study and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to ensure on-the-job success.
- HRCI-PHR or SHRM-CP certification, or willingness to work toward certification.
- 1-3 years of previous work experience in an HR role, with up to date knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration.
- Polished and professional image.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Keen ability to connect easily with others and create positive positioning within a particular context or subject matter.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office and HRIS programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.