Assistant Restaurant Manager at Nashville Airport
Job Listing: Restaurant Assistant Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking a Restaurant Assistant Manager for the Nashville Airport.
Number of Openings: 2
The Restaurant Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the creation of unique dining experiences by actively supervising and participating in the sales, planning and execution of catered functions, to include breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, receptions and other types of events, including off-site events.
The Restaurant Assistant Manager will support the Restaurant Manager in the day-to-day restaurant operations. They will provide hands-on oversight of the restaurant as needed, and will serve as a linchpin for communication with the guest and other team members, and managers, so that service runs smoothly and in accordance with guest expectations and specifications.
Under the direction of the Restaurant Manager, the Restaurant Assistant Manager will work to ensure that Sodexo Live!'s overall standards for accuracy, efficiency, quality and financial performance are met.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenues and operational excellence through oversight of systems and policies related to the operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to Supervisors, Leads and line staff.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a diverse food and beverage environment.
- Venue catering/concessions experience and multi-site experience strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is highly desirable
- Competent in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of the finance area.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.