Assistant Stewarding Coordinator at Orange County Convention Center
Job Listing: Assistant Stewarding Coordinator
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background, and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Assistant Stewarding Coordinator for our Orange County Convention Center operation in Orlando, FL.
Number of Positions: 2
This position supports stewarding management with all activities pertaining to maintaining the Food and Beverage storage, preparation and service areas and materials to include controlling inventories for and ensuring spotless, sanitary condition of all china, glassware, silverware, cookware and serving utensils; staffing, scheduling, and training.
* Supervises maintenance of food and beverage areas and equipment to ensure they are kept to the highest
level of sanitation and quality.
* Guides stewarding activities to provide for smooth, efficient, cost-effective operation of stewarding operation
to include supervision of all aspects of work performed inventory control.
* Communicates daily with culinary leadership and Banquet management to obtain/provide information
regarding current status of daily activities/functions and upcoming events.
* Maintains control over food and beverage china, glass, silver, cookware, and service equipment inventories.
Maintaining labor cost within established budgetary limits.
* Ensures adherence to departmental and Sodexo Live guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Conducts departmental meetings as required to communicate effectively with all stewarding personnel to
ensure that they are kept current with pertinent Sodexo Live information and activities.
* Always promotes and applies safety regulations, procedures, and teamwork skills.
* Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment.
* High school diploma, some college and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
* Three years Steward/Kitchen Management experience in large, multi-unit, property.
* Thorough knowledge of food and beverage planning and production procedures.
* Ability to maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency, while ensuring adherence to established guest service.
* Effective management, leadership, organizational and communication skills.
* Able to push, stand, stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively.
* Ability to work flexible working schedule includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.