Assistant Waste Manager
We are the Communities we serve!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Waste Manager in Rahway, New Jersey!
The Assistant Waste Manager, under direction of the Waste Manager, is responsible for overseeing regulated and non-regulated waste streams generated from various onsite locations including managing the flow of waste streams, ensuring proper labeling, segregation, storage and all tasks associated with offsite shipment for disposal, while following all applicable regulations and company policies and procedures. This position also assists the Waste Manager with ad hoc requests, ensuring all guidelines are met, while maintaining a high level of customer service to ensure that the community has the necessary resources required for success.
Major Activities and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Receive waste and chemicals from generation locations, while verifying proper containerization, labeling and segregation following applicable hazardous, non-hazardous and universal waste regulations and client guidelines.
- Provide guidance to generators on waste regulations and requirements. Escalate to proper management if generator is repeatly not following guidelines.
- Oversee and direct all onsite waste vendor activities.
- Ensure compliance with regulated waste storage requirements with regular informal inspections, coordinating with onsite waste vendor and review formal area inspection records.
- Direct bulk waste solvent tank and supporting operations.
- Prepare all hazardous, non-hazardous chemical and universal waste for transport to offsite disposal facility, including creating and reviewing waste profiles and coordinating with waste vendor.
- Review and sign waste manifests, land disposal restriction notifications and bills of lading.
- Review and approve invoices, and request quotes to assist with establishing purchase orders for site and project activities.
- Oversee site and project solid waste disposal activities and waste vendors, and provide all supporting activities.
- Support management and disposal of other waste streams, such as concrete, asbestos, scrap metal recycling and others.
- Prepare waste and related administrative reports.
- Complete work with a limited degree of supervision.
Identify waste management and disposal processes for optimization, improving efficiency, compliance and cost-effectiveness
Provide accurate and timely information and data to client.
Support and satisfy client and contractor requests for compliance assistance and waste disposal.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge on the use of computers and programs
- Experience in Lab/Pilot Plant/Warehouse setting preferred
- Must have a valid state issued driver’s license
- Must maintain DOT and RCRA certification
- Have 2+ years previous waste management experience
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years in waste and environmental operations management or a related field.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.