Audio / Visual Manager
We are SodexoMagic!
In 2006, Sodexo, Inc. joined forces with Magic Johnson Enterprises which resulted in a joint venture called SodexoMagic. By leveraging the power of business entrepreneur and NBA all-star, Earvin “Magic” Johnson’s brand with Sodexo’s extensive portfolio of quality-of-life offerings, SodexoMagic effectively provides flexible, innovative, and comprehensive service solutions that have a broad consumer appeal to the marketplace. This strategic alliance, 51% owned by Earvin “Magic“ Johnson and 49% owned by Sodexo, Inc., allows for an unrivaled partnership in providing creative dining and facilities management solutions.
At SodexoMagic, we sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality, safeguard wellness and create a just and more equitable future for all people. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated services via these segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Campus, and Airline Lounges. We are in search of our next “Magic Maker” at the following location:
Sodexo is seeking a Audio/Visual Manager to support a Life Science client in
The Audio/Visual Manager will work closely with clients and customers to book and coordinate services for meetings and events in the client facility. They will coordinate services such as Catering, Audiovisual, Rentals, Décor, etc. for the successful execution of daily meetings and events. The ideal candidate will have experience working in small-medium scale, multi-day meetings and events and will constantly strive to foster a culture of hospitality while finding new and innovative methods to enhance the client meeting and event experience. This position will have a team of two direct reports, and will be fully on-site.
- Coordinates small-medium scale meeting and events
- Participates in client meetings to gather event needs
- Creates event floor-plans and completes BEO’s
- Manages event budgets to meet customer needs.
- Provides excellent customer service and works with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the oversight of room set up team including one part time and one full time employee.
- Must have basic audiovisual knowledge to support meetings and large conferences.
- Must be computer literate and have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access) applications and event/catering management softwares
- Lead weekly special events call with our internal service providers
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Able to prioritize job requirements and effectively manage multiple projects in tandem
- A highly organized, self-directed business style with a strong ability to prioritize
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong relationships and build trust with clients, vendors and coworkers
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
- A Flexible and adaptable attitude with demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience. Two- or four-year college degree preferred.
- 1 or more year of experience with large event, multi-day conference and special event planning
The salary for this position is $60,000 annually
To learn more about SodexoMagic and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself, click here.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Manages the provision of audio/visual services for client facility, including scheduling equipment maintenance, upgrading and renting equipment. May be responsible for phone system. Sets up/installs computers with assistance from on-site conference center support staff.
• Point of contact to operate and integrate A/V
• Set up break down, move, connect
• Primary customer support day to day
-Point of contact to operate and integrate A/V
-Set up break down, move, connect
-Primary customer support day to day
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.