AV/IT Technical Support - Desert Willow Conference Center
Job Listing: AV/IT Technical Support
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an AV/IT Technical Support for the Desert Willow Conference Center.
Nestled in the new Cotton Center business park, Desert Willow Conference Center offers dedicated meeting planners who will provide expert advice and insure the success of business meetings, programs or special events. A region, known for its premier destination qualities including near perfect weather and ease of transportation, Phoenix, is the capital and the most populous city of the State of Arizona. It was incorporated as a city on February 25, 1881 and is called Hoozdo, or "the place is hot", in the Navajo language.
The AV/IT Technical Support will meet and exceed the expectations of the client's requests for AV and Technical support. They must work closely with all departments to ensure open lines of communications. They will provide expert knowledge to the team and educate other departments on services offered by the AV Department to add to the suggestive selling process. It is their responsibility to take lead on special projects, including, acting as main point of contact for equipment facility upgrades.
- Move AV equipment to and from meeting rooms
- Operate audio and video equipment during events
- Practice excellent customer service: having a good understanding of the client's needs
- Assign requested AV equipment in an organized manner
- Thorough knowledge of all AV equipment, and availability to provide routine maintenance as well as troubleshoot and perform minor repairs
- Troubleshoot and maintain Cox phone and internet systems throughout the Center
- Promptly manage and follow up on service requests for equipment, inventory monthly
- Maintain organized and clean storage rooms
- Set up meeting rooms prior to event; day before if occupancy allows. Insure all items ordered are in place and properly working in each room prior to customer arrival
- Responsible for the Property Management System, upgrades, access, licensing, system backup
- Responsible for the IT network for PMS, shared drives, remote access
- Resolutions to clients needs involving IT/AV networks
- Provides and manages services for remote, hybrid and webcasting meetings for customer
- Manage special projects as assigned by Manager
- Attend training and meetings as needed
- Input client billing information in V1 System
- Back up for the AV Manager
- Any other special assignments/projects as assigned
- Job description may change according to the needs of the business and department
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Proven ability to operate and instruct on the usage of audio-visual and IT equipment including sound, lighting, LCD projectors, monitors, customer computers, live web streaming, streaming platforms (Zoom, Webex, Teams) and presentation sound systems.
- Display a proper business friendly demeanor with technical personnel and non-technical users, especially during high stress situations.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.