Banquet Captain @ Shedd Aquarium
Job Listing: Banquet Captain
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Banquet Captain for the Shedd Aquarium located in Chicago, IL.
Shedd Aquarium is one of oldest and most respected aquariums in North America. The Aquarium cares for more than 32,000 animals, and maintains the most diverse aquatic collection in the world, with more than 1,500 species. Shedd Aquarium is dedicated to conservation education, animal care, and conservation science and research. As Chicago's top tourist attraction and the most attended US Aquarium in 2012, the Aquarium welcomes more than 2 million guests annually. Shedd Aquarium is an economic contributor and is the crown jewel of Chicago's cultural attraction
The Banquet Captain plays a supervisory role by directing Banquet Servers in ensuring a pleasant experience for Sodexo Live! guests who attend catered breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners,
receptions and other organized group affairs involving food and beverage service.
This position will typically work within a Convention Center or other events venue environment, and will occasionally work at off-site locations. They may oversee the service team for as few as ten or as many as hundreds of guests. Style of service may range from casual to formal, involving passed cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, buffets or highly-coordinated multi-course meals in which each guest is served at the same time.
The Banquet Captain will actively participate in the preparation, set-up, service, break-down and cleanup of catered functions. Their highest priorities will be to support overall profitability and guest satisfaction by ensuring that the Banquets team provides exceptional customer service while maintaining Sodexo Live!'s
standards for safety, cleanliness, sanitation.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to
teamwork and service.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the business unit by assisting the Hospitality Manager- Banquets; Monitor and ensure that tasks are completed by Banquet staff in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maximize customer satisfaction and support banquet operations by assisting in
executing catered events and functions in accordance with Sodexo Live! standards, guest expectations
and specifications as per Banquet Event Orders and catering contracts.
- Implement, support and maintain standards for workplace safety at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- TIPS or TEAM trained or equivalent.
- Age 21 or older.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned
- Ability to count and accurately make change involving large sums of money.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Job Reference #: 3116547