- 02-Jun-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- 65000-70000 per year
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Job Listing: Banquet Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Banquet Manager for New Orleans Convention Center located in New Orleans, LA.
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 + Benefits
The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is located in Downtown New Orleans, Louisiana. The lower end of building one is located 1,640 feet upriver from Canal Street on the banks of the Mississippi River. It is named after former Mayor of New Orleans Ernest Nathan Morial. With 1.1 million square feet of prime, contiguous exhibit space, the award winning New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is the sixth largest convention facility in the nation, and it consistently ranks in the country's top ten of facilities that hold the most conventions and tradeshows annually.
The Convention Center has been voted a Top Work Place in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022!!
The Banquet Manager is directly responsible for the planning, preparation, set-up, service, break-down and cleanup of breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, receptions and other group events. This position provides supervision, leadership and direction to Banquet staff in both front and back of house. They are responsible for ensuring that events are executed smoothly and in accordance with guest specifications, to include linens, décor, set up, menu and all aspects of service.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to banquet events.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of business unit by partnering with Director of Operations/Catering department; monitors and ensures all aspects of operations are completed in an efficient and effective manner by staff.
- Provides leadership and direction to banquets catering staff to deliver a customer service in accordance with Sodexo Live! standards and policies.
- Contributes to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to facilitate on-the-job effectiveness.
- 4 years of previous Banquet Management experience in a large-scale hotel or high-quality convention center.
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts and be available as business demands require.
- Exceptional computer skills and familiarity with property management systems such as a Banquet Event Order Software.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Must have unwavering and exceptional service delivery standards.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of the finance area.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Valid driver's license for retrieval and transport of equipment for off-site events.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.