Banquet Runner at Music City Center (On-call)
Requirement: The Banquet Runner position requires at least two years Banquet Server and prior supervisor experience.
Job Listing: Banquet Server
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking a Banquet Runner for the Music City Center.
The Music City Center is Nashville's convention center located in the heart of downtown. The 2.1 million square foot facility opened in 2013 and was built so that Nashville could host large, city-wide conventions in the downtown area. The mission of the Music City Center is to create significant economic benefit for the citizens of the greater Nashville region by attracting local and national events while focusing on community inclusion, sustainability and exceptional customer service delivered by our talented team members.
The Banquet Runner will play a major role in ensuring a pleasant experience for Sodexo Live! guests who attend catered breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, receptions and other organized group affairs involving food and beverage service.
This position will typically work within a Convention Center or other events venue environment, and will occasionally work at off-site locations. They may serve as few as ten or as many as hundreds of guests. Style of service may range from casual to formal, involving passed cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, buffets or highly-coordinated multi-course meals in which each guest is served at the same time.
The Banquet Runner will actively participate in the preparation, set-up, service, break-down and cleanup of catered functions. Their highest priorities will be to support overall profitability and guest satisfaction by providing exceptional customer service while maintaining Sodexo Live!'s standards for safety, cleanliness, sanitation.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to teamwork and service.
- Support banquet operations by assisting in executing catered events and functions in accordance with Sodexo Live! standards, guest expectations and specifications as per Banquet Event Orders and catering contracts.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized and sanitary environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- TIPS or TEAM trained or equivalent.
- Age 21 or older.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to count and accurately make change involving large sums of money.
- Ability to use calculator, bill counters, and coin counters.
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who typically visit the work location.
- Technology aptitude for working with POS and digital register.
- Strong skills for persuasive sales, with keen ability to connect easily with customers.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.