Barbacks at Hard Rock Stadium
Job Listing: Barbacks
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking Barbacks for the Hard Rock Stadium, located in Miami Gardens, FL.
Sodexo Live! Hard Rock Stadium is a global entertainment destination which is the home of the Miami Dolphins, University of Miami football team, Orange Bowl, Super Bowl LIV and the 100th anniversary of the NFL, International soccer and a host of world-class events including the 2026 FIFA World Cup. It was designed to embrace all that South Florida has to offer, while providing unparalleled live experiences.
We are currently looking for barbacks to join our team here at the Hard Rock Stadium. Please click on the link below to find the dates and times to our upcoming games.
Sodexo Live! at Hard Rock Stadium is seeking a skilled, motivated, detailed oriented, and reliable Barback. The Barback will play a vital role in supporting the beverage operations by assisting bartenders, maintaining bar supplies, and ensuring a smooth flow of service. The barback provides exceptional customer service, maintains cleanliness, restocks inventory, and assists with bar setup and breakdown for various events at the Hard Rock Stadium.
The job description below provides a general overview of the responsibilities and requirements for the position, but additional responsibilities may be assigned based on business needs and client requirements.
- Assist bartenders in preparing and serving beverages to guests. Retrieve and restock necessary supplies, such as alcohol, glassware, utensils, ice, and garnishes, to ensure smooth operations.
- Monitor and receive beverage inventory levels throughout events and promptly communicate with the supervisor when supplies need to be replenished. Ability to replace and perform routine Maintenance requirements on heavy beer kegs.
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of bar areas before and after events, including organizing and arranging supplies, setting up service stations, and ensuring cleanliness and orderliness.
- Maintain cleanliness of the bar area, including collecting glassware, wiping of surfaces, and disposing of waste.
- Secure liquor, beer, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Follow all relevant laws, regulations, and company policies related to alcohol service practices and assist in preventing underage drinking or overconsumption. Attends training programs as designated.
- Maintain general maintenance and cleanliness of beverage areas, beer lockers, refrigeration and storage areas ensuring a presentable and inviting atmosphere for guests..
- Provide excellent customer service by attending to guest requests, answering questions, and resolving customer concerns promptly and professionally.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a barback, beverage attendant, or similar role in a fast-paced hospitality or food service environment is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of bar operations, including beverage preparation, service techniques, and equipment usage.
- Physical stamina and ability to lift heavy items, such as kegs or cases of beverages.
- Knowledge of local and state alcohol service regulations and safety standards.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for the entire shift.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during setup, breakdown, or inventory days.
- Must be able to operate in an environment with moderate to high noise levels.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must present in a highly professional manner to others and understand that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Attend and show up for scheduled shifts on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly, approachable demeanor.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to effectively collaborate with bartenders, supervisors, and other staff members.
- Flexibility to work a variable schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays based on event schedules and business needs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.