Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives.
This full-time hybrid position is 3 days a week REMOTE work, 2 days on-site! Position requires one year of experience in bariatric surgery.
Sodexo is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian to support the Weight Management Center at Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) in Allentown, Pennsylvania. LVHN is accredited as a Level 1 facility by the Bariatric Surgery Center Network Accreditation Program of the American College of Surgeons. The Registered Dietitian in this position will act as the Lifestyle Coordinator - Patient Navigator for the Weight management Center.
- reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- three weeks of vacation, eight holidays and three personal days paid each year
- reimbursement for continuing education events
- up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually
The successful candidate will:
- serve as a Patient Navigator for the Weight Management Center, helping to guide and educate patients on options for weight management;
- have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups;
- possess excellent time management and organizational skills;
- assist with program development, promotion/marketing, screenings and patient recruitment;
- have effective written and verbal communication for all hospital and departmental programs and activities; and
- assist and support departmental program evaluation and outcome measurement activities.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials with licensure in the state of PA is required;
- one year of experience working in bariatric surgery;
demonstrates ability to function independently;
- proven ability to communicate and work effectively with multi-disciplinary healthcare professionals;
- strong problem-solving skills; and
- have a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas.
Learn more about Lehigh Valley Health Network - Weight Management Center
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required)
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years experienced practitioner able to work with minimal supervision
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
- Specialty credential in area(s) of focused practice, as applicable, or advanced practice certification (RD-AP/RDN-AP)
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.