Bartenders @ Indiana Convention Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Bartender
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Bartender for the Northern Illinois University located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Indiana Convention Center is located in the heart of the 12th largest city in the U.S., Indianapolis, Indiana. The state capital, Indianapolis ranks in the top 25 most visited cities in the country, with 18 million annual visitors. Indianapolis International Airport accommodates 150 flights each day, carrying 7.4 million yearly passengers to and from the Circle City.
The Bartender is responsible for ensuring positive guest experiences while accurately mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The Bartender will follow Sodexo Live! standards to ensure that product is of the highest quality in taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize bar revenues.
This position exists in diverse work environments, such as restaurants, convention centers, sporting and events arenas and other entertainment-related venues.
In addition to preparing and serving drinks per guest specifications, Sodexo Live! standards and state guidelines for responsible alcoholic beverage service, the Bartender's core responsibilities will also include cash handling, inventory counts, stocking, cleaning and organizing. In some environments they will also have responsibility for fulfilling beverage orders for fellow servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
Bartenders are expected to be attentive to guest needs at all times and are responsible for creating and maintaining a welcome, comfortable and relaxed environment in which every guest feels important and well-attended to.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to teamwork and service.
- Set up and maintain an efficiently functioning workstation.
- Process customer sales transactions efficiently, accurately and in a friendly manner.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- TIPS or TEAM trained or equivalent.
- Age 21 or older.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to count and accurately make change involving large sums of money.
- Ability to use calculator, bill counters, and coin counters.
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who typically visit the work location.
- Technology aptitude for working with POS and digital register.
- Strong skills for persuasive sales, with keen ability to connect easily with customers.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.