Bartenders - Northern Illinois University
Job Listing: Bartender
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Bartender for the Northern Illinois University.
- Must have Bassett Certification
The Bartender is responsible for ensuring positive guest experiences while accurately mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Bartenders are expected to be attentive to guest needs at all times and are responsible for creating and maintaining a welcome, comfortable and relaxed environment in which every guest feels important and well-attended to.
- Team with Barbacks, where applicable, to apply consistent focus on the customer; Pay close attention to detail in the performance of all tasks.
- Set up and maintain an efficiently functioning workstation.
- Participate in and foster positive team relations with wait staff, fellow Bartenders, Barbacks and
- Process customer sales transactions efficiently, accurately and in a friendly manner.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- TIPS or TEAM trained or equivalent.
- Age 21 or older.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to count and accurately make change involving large sums of money.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.