Biomedical Equipment Technician 3
Lifesaving technology powered by you. Your expertise impacts the lives of others.
Sodexo is seeking a Biomedical Equipment Technician III for Phoenix Children’s Pediatrics located in Phoenix, AZ.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Sodexo’s growing Healthcare Technology Management Division is seeking solution-oriented candidates who excel at customer service with a proven success as an experienced Biomedical Equipment Technician III to support Healthcare Technology service for Phoenix Children’s Pediatrics located in Phoenix, AZ. The main role / responsibilities of the position will be to ensure all related biomedical equipment is maintained in a quality and timely manner. The ideal candidate will have outstanding customer service and communications skill as well as a strong technical skills and commitment to deliver excellent repair service in an expedient manner.
Phoenix Children’s Pediatrics is dedicated to providing children and adolescents with high-quality health care in a warm, welcoming and friendly environment. They have pediatric offices in neighborhoods throughout the Phoenix metro area and in Cottonwood, each staffed with highly knowledgeable health care teams committed to delivering compassionate care for children. At Phoenix Children’s Pediatrics, they value being part of the community and hope parents and children will become part of their family.
Working in Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) for Sodexo, you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their clinical technology needs. Together, we provide leadership and expertise for their business, patients, residents and the staff who care for them. At Sodexo, we improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve. We are looking for a positive and motivated technician to join our team.
Under minimal supervision of the Account Manager/Site Supervisor, Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates an advanced range of clinical equipment, devices, systems, and instruments. Monitors, mentors, and supports lower level BMET positions. A BMET III represents the highest level of technical expertise and possesses the ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the full range of clinical inventory devices, instrumentation, and systems. The BMET III will possess a substantial background of knowledge and experience and is expected to contribute to: corporate initiatives regarding improvement and development of policy and procedures; technical guidance in the selection and installation of medical equipment and systems; and staff development and mentorship.
At Sodexo, our HTM positions offer you the opportunity to expand your skills and grow your career. Therefore, we are seeking solution-oriented candidates who excel at customer service with a proven success as a Biomedical Equipment Technician III (BMET). Sodexo’s BMET professionals have:
- Formal training and preferred experience servicing clinical equipment
- 7-10 years of experience in a healthcare facility or healthcare setting- Preferred
- Experience effectively repairing, maintaining and calibrating clinical devices such as, but not limited to: General Biomed, Vital Signs and Patient Monitoring, Telemetry, ESUs, and Ventilator experience a plus.
- Proactive thinking skills to troubleshoot
- Strong customer service skills: ability to provide world class service to healthcare customers
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of the application and repair of computers and servers and how they interface with medical equipment.
- Basic knowledge of networking theory.
- Considerable knowledge of electronic circuitry and technical aspects of the operation, repair and maintenance of electronic equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of current regulatory requirements.
- Substantial knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and illustrated parts drawings of biomedical instrumentation.
- Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking.
- Ability to analyze, repair, and test electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance inspections.
- Ability to run diagnostic programs.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of repairs, calibration, and tests.
- Skill in testing electronic equipment.
- Skill in manual dexterity, hand-to-eye coordination, and color vision.
Core Competencies Needed:
- Knowledge of Electronics
- Customer Service
- Candidate must be flexible driving to other campus locations to provide support.
The role will focus on customer needs and ensuring all HTM related functions are completed in a quality and timely manner to include medical device preventive and corrective maintenance and other related matters. Ideal candidate will have experience and training in biomedical equipment role and the capacity to serve a wide variety of customer needs located in Phoenix, AZ.
Individual will work under supervision of Account Manager or Clinical Engineer and Clinical Engineering Supervisor.
Typical physical demands are required to perform the work, such as ability to lift of to 50 lbs. of equipment; to push/pull equipment carts; and to kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair.
- Generally good working conditions. Possible hazards include exposure to electrical shock, ionizing radiation, chemicals and chemical fumes, high-pressure air, infectious disease, and various other hazards associated with biomedical engineering work.
- Protective clothing and safe work practices are required.
****A valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s license record check is required.****
Please learn more about Phoenix Children’s Hospital at:
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal, and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we have HTM positions at numerous client locations across the United States. Continue your search for HTM jobs
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates an advanced range of clinical equipment, devices, systems and instruments. Monitors, mentors and supports lower level BMET positions.
-Inspect, maintain, repair and calibrate equipment and systems
-Ensures regulatory compliance
-Develops staff by teaching and mentoring others
-Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient care
-Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient care
-Interacts on a routine basis with clinical health providers in the identification of technology based problems and solutions
-Solves organization-level customer service issues and complaints
-Preparing required documentation and reports
-Demonstrates a safety mindset
-Financial responsibility for purchasing parts and service
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience) in electronic, biomedical engineering or a discipline geared toward managing maintaining and repairing clinical equipment within a healthcare environment
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years of experience in electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical repair in a health care technology setting
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.