- DeKalb, IL, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Busser
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Busser for the Northern Illinois University located in Dekalb, Illinois.
Northern Illinois University's Convocation Center is a 10,000-seat multi-purpose arena, at 1525 W Lincoln Hwy, in DeKalb, Illinois, USA. The arena opened in 2002. This position will oversee multiple athletic venues including football, basketball and soccer with a focus on football and convocation center.
The Busser position performs as an entry level restaurant worker. The Busser perform duties that require minimal experience and expertise.
This position may exist in a stand-alone restaurant, or in-venue restaurant within a sporting arena, convention center or other entertainment-related venue that is managed by Sodexo Live!.
The Busser will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s operational and financial success by clearing and resetting tables and assisting servers when needed, and by following all Sodexo Live! standards for sanitation and service to satisfy guest expectations and to maximize food revenues.
- Keep restaurant tables and surrounding areas clean and presentable to dining room guests.
- Support hosts and servers in providing exceptional service to restaurant guests.
- Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service.
- Ability to participate in a team environment.
- Ability to follow written and oral direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Ability to communicate in the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.