Cashier $18 per hour
Job Listing: Cashier
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking a Cashier for the Music City Center located in Nashville, TN.
The Music City Center is Nashville's convention center located in the heart of downtown. The 2.1 million square foot facility opened in 2013 and was built so that Nashville could host large, city-wide conventions in the downtown area. The mission of the Music City Center is to create significant economic benefit for the citizens of the greater Nashville region by attracting local and national events while focusing on community inclusion, sustainability and exceptional customer service delivered by our talented team members.
The Cashier is responsible for ensuring that guests receive an exceptional level of service by assisting guests at points of sale. This position typically exists within a sporting or events area, or in a Convention Center with retail food and beverage stands and kiosks. Style of service may include take-away, cafeteria-style, restaurant-style or in-seat service format.
The Cashier's top priority will be to ensure that the Sodexo Live!'s standards for handling cash and credit card transactions are consistently executed.
- Provide outstanding service to all Quick Serve customers.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer sales transactions are adhered to.
- Ensure quality and safety standards are maintained.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- TIPS or TEAM trained or equivalent.
- Of age to sever alcoholic beverages, based on state requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with a variety of departments to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations, to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to utilize a calculator, change counters and manually count and accurately make change for transactions involving large sums of money.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used by guests who typically visit the work location.
- Technology aptitude for working with POS and digital register.
- Strong skills for providing guest service with keen ability to connect easily with customers.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.