Catering Executive Chef 2
Let your passion for people and food be the driver of your success.
The Good Eating Company is looking for a Catering Executive Chef to join our team at one of our high-profile account in Palo Alto, California.
About the Catering Operation
Our events range from Continental Breakfasts, Lunches to snack delivery, to 5 course plated meals for the CEO and Executives.
We are looking for Catering Executive Chef with great communication and training skills. This is a high-level catering culinary role that will be hands-on to support all operations at the account. The Catering Executive Chef will manage a culinary team of hourly employees, will be responsible for menu creation, meeting with potential clients, ordering, and inventory.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for a Catering Chef who:
- Ensures all food always looks and tastes great and is visually appetizing when served
- Are strong all-round culinary ability and strong craft skills in all areas of professional cookery, including; main courses; salads; sauce work; and pastry and baking
- Have a strong knowledge of food and able to cook using multiple styles of cuisine Recognizing and reacting to contemporary trends in catering
- Use of correct food terminology and cooking methods
- Constantly looking for new recipes and new ideas and initiatives that will improve both the quality of food and service as a whole
- Play a key role and enthusiastically mentors culinary personnel
This position offers a traditional Business & Industry, Predominately Monday - Friday schedule, but may include some evenings and weekends for events.
Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.