Catering Manager 2
Sodexo has a great opportunity for a Catering Manager 2 for Northeastern State University located in Tahlequah, OK. Northeastern State University is located in Eastern Oklahoma at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains. Tahlequah has considerable historical significance and natural beauty. This four year university has 2 campuses and is recognized as a leading regional education center.
Relocation Assistance is available for this job!
The Catering Manager will oversee all catering operations on 2 campuses as well as concessions at the stadium. The Catering Manager will be responsible for all innovative event concepts, partnerships, and will oversee all aspects of our catering program. Catering includes everything from simple boxed lunches, to branded retail drop offs, to 3 course served meals, 5 star meals, weddings, and events occur on and off campus.
The successful candidate will:
- identify customer needs and expectations;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships;
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and/or
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Extensive formal training in Catering services, with particular emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and event management
- Strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering experience
- Strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge and food/beverage cost controls.
- Experience in diverse culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation
- Technical competence in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front line hourly employees and managers.
- Superior interpersonal skills and have the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- Effective communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations.
- Exceptional time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to enhance the learning environment on campus through world-class food service
***RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE***
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.