Catering Manager 2
Sodexo, Corporate Services is looking for a Catering Manager2/Front of the House Manager to join our team at HCA in Brentwood TN. The current food operation consists of 1 Corporate Café serving Breakfast and Lunch only, Catering Operations, Office Coffee, and Vending.
Our Catering Program: 95% of our catering is day to day catering to include coffee drop offs for meetings, a continental breakfast, and lunches for meetings (buffet or boxed). 5% of our catering is higher end to include early dinners and receptions.
Duties of the Catering Manager/Front of the House Manager include but not limited to:
- Interacting with clients and assisting client with account set up in our cater-trax system
- Daily supervision of a catering attendant and cashier, ensuring events are set up to standard and on-time.
- Respond to customer inquiries in accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to multitask with multiple events
- Following up with client after events to ensure satisfaction.
- Working with the HCA event person who manages booking to see if they have booked catering for the event and following up with the client.
- Overseeing the set-up and breakdown of events
- Oversee front of the house café during slow catering times.
- Assisting the GM and the chef with planning and execution of café promotions.
- Planning specialty catering menus with the executive chef.
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday schedule. However the ideal candidate must be flexible to work some early evenings when needed
Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services!
Target Salary is 56K to 62K
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.