Catering Manager 2
is seeking an Catering Operations Manager. This leader will support catering for our client at an international law firm in New York City.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be able to multi-task, be detail-orientated, lead by example and direct employees in a fast-paced catering environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated candidate to support catering operations at this law firm, high quality and excellent customer service with the ability to manage multiple conference rooms and the executive dining is a primary focus.
This position will be 11:00 am – 7:30 with some weekends
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong catering operations experience including room set ups and understanding of the technical delivery aspect of catering
- excellent multi-tasking skills to juggle different tasks and events at one time
- ability to mentor a solid union catering team who share same level commitment and passion to catering: quality presentation, customer service, professionalism
- pantry service experience a plus
- working knowledge of Caterease & NFS Rendezvous
Learn more about the Good Eating Company.
Our vision is simple: We want to set the definitive standard for campus dining.
Our team are simply without doubt our greatest asset; we never undervalue or take their commitment for granted. We are always looking for talented new team members who share our enthusiasm for good food and service are you ready to join our team.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.