Catering Manager 2
Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for high end catering and is looking for an exciting and challenging new position? Look no further!
Sodexo has a great opportunity available for a talented Catering Manager 2 at a hospitality client located in Memphis, TN.
Our Catering Manager will oversee all catering operations, day to day flow of the client center, reception areas, internal or external conferences. T
The successful candidate will be able to work and oversee multiple functions and setups. The candidate will also be responsible for supervising and working with the event staff, making sure events are prepped and ready for the next day. This position offers a predominately Monday - Friday with flexibility based on business needs. There is a lot of direct contact with clients.
- Hands on Corporate Service catering experience
- Experience with both casual and fine dining catering/banquet management
- Prior high volume catering service experience
- Experience training and leading a catering staff
- Experience with catering set up and execution
- Experience writing catering menus
- Experience coordinating and executing multiple events daily
- Experience with labor controls, managing catering inventory and using catering software
- Excellent customer and client relations skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- An ability to transform spaces and create an experience for guests
- The ability to work with clients on creating events to their exacting detail
- Culinary acumen is preferred
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Medical Benefits beginning date of hire
- 401K and Roth IRA with company match eligible.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.