Catering Manager 3 - Campus Dining
Are you a "foodie" looking for an opportunity to expand your culinary career?
Sodexo is seeking an Catering Manager - Campus Dining for Adrian College located in Adrian, MI. In recent years, the college has experienced momentous growth garnering national recognition. In its 2019 edition of America’s Best Colleges, U.S. News & World Report ranked Adrian College as Regional Top Baccalaureate College in the Midwest. The institution has also been recognized as a “Most Innovative College,” a “Best Value College” for two consecutive years and a “Best Value” institution.
The Catering Manager will work closely with our culinary team on campus and will be responsible for managing event concepts, partnerships, and will oversee all aspects of our catering program.
There is a lot of direct contact with clients and will have an opportunity to work with local community/vendors in the region!
This position offers a predominately Monday - Friday with flexibility based on business needs.
The successful candidate will:
- identify customer needs and expectations;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships;
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HACCP standards are followed;
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for high level customer service
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- High volume catering management experience
- Extensive formal training in catering services, with particular emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and event management
- Strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering experience
- Previous success managing a university campus account
- Strong leadership skills, computer skills, and culinary knowledge
- Technical competence in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front line hourly employees
- Exceptional time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.