Catering Manager 3
Sodexo is seeking a top-notch Catering and Concessions Manager at Oral Roberts University located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Oral Roberts University is a private evangelical university in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
$5K sign on bonus AND relocation assistance available for this great opportunity!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Catering Manager will be tasked with the organization, coordination and execution of university/campus and 3rd Party events. The ideal candidate will have a strong catering background, experience with upscale events, and the ability to plan, execute, and coordinate multiple catering functions simultaneously.
In addition, the Catering Manager must be able to re-evaluate and improve on practices such as culinary and financial expertise, present with strong organizational/troubleshooting skills, and will enhance customer satisfaction and maintain very strong client relationships. The ideal candidate must have experience in creating and developing menus and billing.
The position is responsible for managing food and labor costs and managing daily catering operations. Strong background in Campus/University Catering/Presidential Programs is strongly desired. Concession management includes planning, organizing and ordering products for upcoming concerts and sporting events as well as scheduling NPO groups. Incumbent must be flexible to work varying shifts based on catering and concession business needs. This includes some weekends and holidays.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.