Catering Manager 3
We are the Communities We Serve
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Catering Operations Manager 3 to join our team at Toyota in Georgetown KY. Our current food landscape consists of cafes, micro-markets and catering operations.
Our catering events range from coffee drops offs, to continental breakfasts, boxed lunches, lunch buffets to large events like Toyota family Day, Dinners and Receptions. This is a very hands on role.
We are looking for a Catering Operations Manager 3 who can:
- identify and anticipate customer needs and expectations;
- ability to shift priorities when needed
- excel at multi-tasking
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- work with client to plan and cost menus and generate the BEOs for all events;
- manage all catered events from simple breakfast and lunch set-ups, catering deliveries to high-end, seated, plated and coursed lunches and dinners;
- have high-end executive presence;
- assist in other areas of the food service operation when catering business is slower; and/or
- track all catered events in the CaterTrax software system, which will encompass ordering and invoicing.
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule, but evenings and weekends will be required. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services!
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.