Catering Manager 3
Do you consider yourself to be highly guest service oriented and believe that we are here to teach others about great foods and service while delivering such? Then this may be the right place for you to grow your career!
Sodexo Corporate Services have an opportunity for an experienced Catering Manager at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. The Catering Manager reports to and supports the General Manger in managing all catering events as well as training and scheduling staff. This position is the liaison between the catering office, front-of-house staff and back-of-house staff including kitchen. The purpose of this position is to keep all key areas of the department working cohesively and free of logistical issues. Duties include:
- Assisting at catering events during set up and execution of events.
- Ensuring there is the proper amount of catering equipment each day to execute each event.
- Ensuring that all equipment is in superior condition.
- Maintaining an organized catering storeroom by delegating our standard procedures.
- Maintaining relationship with departments and vendors.
Catering at Federal Reserve Bank is a fast-paced catering operation. We’re responsible for showcasing some of the newest and most innovative trends in the industry and ranging from simple coffee breaks to high-end events for extremely high-profile clientele, this team is responsible for the highest level of service, standards, and expectations attainable.
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Medical Benefits beginning date of hire
- 401K and Roth IRA with company match eligible.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.