Catering Manager 3
Working together, supporting your team, and reaching high-end for the best in a high-volume, high-paced environment is second nature to you.
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager at Howard University in Washinton, DC.
The Catering Manager will work closely with our culinary team on campus and will be responsible for managing event concepts, and partnerships, and will oversee all aspects of our catering program. Managed Volume of $3 million in sales.
There is a lot of direct contact with clients and will have an opportunity to work with local community/vendors in the region!
This position offers a predominately Monday - Friday with flexibility based on business needs. Saturday and Sunday work pending business needs. Blackout Dates- Homecoming week(October) Commencement(Mothers day weekend), New student move in( First week in August), Charter day week(first week in March) Holiday Celebration(December)
The successful candidate will:
- Possess strong sales knowledge and the ability to create catering guides;
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- Educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships;
- Maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- Ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and/or
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Extensive formal training in Catering services, with particular emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and event management
- Strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high-end catering experience
- Strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge, and food/beverage cost controls.
- Technical competence in unit financial management, pricing, and menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front-line hourly employees and managers.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors, and vendors.
- Exceptional time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to enhance the learning environment on campus through world-class food service
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.