Catering Manager 4
Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking an experienced Catering Manager at a Prestigious High Profile Account in Downtown Los Angeles, California.
Seeking a visionary, innovative leader who has previous upper level Catering management experience. A strong emphasis will be placed on client and customer engagement, strengthening the catering operations and customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will have excellent client and customer service skills, be able to multi-task, be detail-orientated, lead by example and direct employees in a fast-paced environment. There is daily contact with clients and lead the catering team.
We are looking for a self-motivated candidate to provide catering support, develop SOP for best practices, coordinate client functions and collaborate on client meetings with local District Managers. High quality and excellent customer service with the ability to bring new ideas and events is a primary focus.
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong catering experience including solid financial acumen and deep understanding of the technical delivery aspect of catering
- excellent multi-tasking skills to juggle different tasks and events at one time
- ability to build and mentor a solid catering team who share same level commitment and passion to catering: quality presentation, customer service, professionalism
- ability to multi-task and delegate to coordinate multiple events at a time and utilize a systems-based approach to meet each event’s time-lines/specifications and quality of product
- strong writing, costing, menu development and pricing skills
- Catertrax knowledge, strong excel skills
The best qualified candidate will have multi-site experience and the ability to manage multiple locations simultaneously. They will have excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and stellar organizational skills.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.