Catering Manager 4
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 4 for our team at Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA. Dana Farber Cancer Institute since its founding in 1947, has been committed to providing adults and children with cancer with the best treatment available today while developing tomorrow's cures through cutting-edge research.
The ideal candidate will have a strong catering background and event management experience with upscale events, and the ability to plan, execute, and coordinate multiple catering functions simultaneously.
This position offers a Monday - Friday work schedule!
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
- Managing food and labor costs and managing daily catering operations.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts based on catering business needs.
The successful candidate will:
- identify customer needs and expectations;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships;
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and/or
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Medical Benefits beginning date of hire
- 401K and Roth IRA with company match eligible
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.