Catering Sales Director
Job Listing: Catering Sales Director - Memphis
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating truly unforgettable moments.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Catering Sales Director for potential new business of the Memphis Renasant Convention Center and Cannon Center for the Performing Arts located in Memphis, TN.
The modern Memphis Renasant Convention Center and Cannon Center are beautiful meeting, events and performance space with natural light, iconic riverfront views, and flexible spaces to create unparalleled experiences! As a cornerstone of Memphis' cultural and business landscape, they take pride in hosting a diverse array of conventions, conferences, trade shows, special events and performances that bring people together from across the globe. Nestled in the heart of the vibrant downtown, the state-of-the-art facility boasts over 300,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, equipped with cutting-edge technology and top-notch amenities. Its theater seats 2051 guests.
The Hospitality Catering Sales Director position is found within larger Sodexo Live! venues, typically Tier 1 Convention Centers and Sports & Entertainment arenas, with a high volume of and significant revenue stream from catered functions and events.
The Hospitality Catering Sales Director will typically manage a team of one or more Catering Sales Managers and or/Coordinators. They are responsible for creating unique dining experiences by directing, selling, up-selling and actively participating in the planning and production of catered functions. Working closely with clients, as well as with the banquets, culinary, beverage and operations staff, they are responsible for ensuring that events are coordinated and executed smoothly and in accordance with client expectations and specifications.
The Hospitality Catering Sales Director will focus on the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives contained within the unit's annual marketing plan. They will direct and manage the Catering Sales team and all sales activities to meet revenue objectives and attain the top line financial forecast. This includes developing sales with existing business (forecasted group/local business) and executing strategies to develop new business.
The Hospitality Catering Sales Director will support the planning of and preparation for events according to anticipated attendance, and will provide hands-on management and oversight in the areas of service and F&B operations during events.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s catering revenue through creative sales techniques and customer focus.
- Communicate and promote Sodexo Live!'s culture and values; Provide hands-on leadership and direction to Catering Sales staff.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of assigned unit by partnering with operations in providing support, information, insight, analysis and recommendations in matters pertaining guest service, menu development, creative event planning, revenue generation and other functions pertaining to Catering Sales.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of organizational, HR and general business strategies.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree in business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field, and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness.
- 5-7 years of catering sales experience, with at least 3-5 years in a senior management role.
- Prior experience in a similar venue with more than $10M in food and beverage sales.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with proven track record for generating revenue growth.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience.
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and wine for menu development.
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and beverage financials, operations procedures, controls and administration, as well as awareness and ability to perform all sales-related functions.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.