Catering Sales Manager at Music City Center
Job Listing: Catering Sales Manager
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking two experienced Catering Sales Managers for the Music City Center, located in Nashville, TN.
Salary: $65,000-$70,000 + Commission & Benefits
Number of Openings: 2
Venue Description: The Music City Center is Nashville's convention center located in the heart of downtown. The 2.1 million square foot facility opened in 2013 and was built so that Nashville could host large, city-wide conventions in the downtown area. The mission of the Music City Center is to create significant economic benefit for the citizens of the greater Nashville region by attracting local and national events while focusing on community inclusion, sustainability and exceptional customer service delivered by our talented team members.
The Catering Sales Manager is directly responsible for handling external meeting and event bookings for our venue. The focus is on new business development, directly selling spaces and/or the entire venue while maintaining and growing existing client base. The position will work closely with customers, as well as with internal departments (catering, culinary, operations staff, AV production, etc.) responsible for ensuring that events are coordinated and executed smoothly and in accordance with all client expectations and specifications.
The Catering Sales Manager will focus on the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives contained within the Center's annual marketing plan. They will direct and manage sales activities to meet revenue objectives and attain the top line financial forecast. This includes developing sales with existing business (forecasted group/local corporate and/or social business) and executing strategies to develop new business.
If required, the Catering Sales Manager will support the planning of and preparation for events according to anticipated attendance and will provide hands-on management and oversight in the areas of service and F&B operations during events.
- Primary focus on new and repeat venue sales contracts and local relationship building of client network; work with catering sales manager in effective event hand-off to ensure positive relations and effective communication with meeting planners, group leaders and event organizers.
- Spearhead revenue and sales objectives, to include prospecting efforts: site visits, and sales calls.
- Work with customers to conceptualize and plan catered functions according to their specifications.
- Implement sales techniques to generate new business; maintain on-going contact with existing customers and accounts.
- Identify and research prospective clients for solicitation.
- Create, present, negotiate and secure comprehensive, long-term business with all appropriate documents.
- Maintain database of all prospects and existing customers with all detailed activity.
- Represent facility at business, community and social organizations and make sales presentations as required.
- Work with Conference Services Manager and Executive Chef in planning customized menus and themed functions.
- Maintain accurate filing and posting systems for lost, current, past, tentative and upcoming events.
- Communicate and disseminate critical event information to department heads and staff members.
- Assist with competitive set review and analysis.
- Assess opportunities and create action plans to improve sales, service, quality and profitability of venue.
- Seek out customer feedback and respond to customer needs to improve services; Intervene in instances of guest dissatisfaction.
- Provide your technical and analytical expertise to guide the client team towards superior decisions based on facts and logically sound argumentation.
- Drive business development activities, including identifying and qualifying opportunities, developing winning bid strategies and preparing / submitting proposal documents.
- Be responsible for fostering an open and inclusive work environment.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s catering revenue through creative sales techniques and customer focus.
- Provide leadership and direction to operations staff.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree in business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field, and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness.
- 5-7 years of catering sales experience, with at least 3-5 years in a management role.
- Prior experience in a similar venue with more than $5M in food and beverage sales.
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and wine for menu development.
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and beverage financials, operations procedures, controls and administration, as well as awareness and ability to perform all sales-related functions.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.