Catering Supervisor at The Conference Center at Waltham Woods
Job Listing: Catering Supervisor @ Sodexo Live!
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an Catering Supervisor for The Conference Center at Waltham Woods, located in Waltham, MA.
Venue Description: Located 10 miles from Boston, The Conference Center at Waltham Woods is a state-of-the-art, full-service conference facility located in the technology corridor surrounding Boston. With 17,000 square feet of dedicated meeting space, a 180-seat amphitheater and 11 meeting rooms The Conference Center at Waltham Woods offers an exceptional meeting experience for all who attend.
The Catering Supervisor plays a crucial role in catering operations and requires a detailed-oriented, organized, and customer-focused individual with strong leadership and communication skills. The Catering Supervisor ensures the smooth execution of catering services, maintains high-quality standards, and provides exceptional guest experiences.
The job description below provides a general overview of the responsibilities and requirements for the Catering Supervisor, but additional responsibilities may be assigned based on business needs and client requirements.
- Supervise and lead a team of catering staff, including servers, bartenders, and support personnel.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to team members, ensuring efficient workflow and adherence to service standards.
- Collaborate with event planners and clients to understand their catering needs, preferences, and special requirements.
- Oversee and assist in catering operations, ensuring high-quality standards and adherence to health and safety regulations within high-profile event spaces.
- Ability to follow Banquet Event Order details to ensure an adequate supply of materials and products for catering operations.
- Ensure the timely and accurate setup of catering spaces, including tables, linens, decorations, and equipment.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of catering services, including set up and breakdown of event spaces, service timing, and clean up.
- Serve as a point of contact for clientele and proactively meet/exceed client expectations.
- Interact with clients, guests, vendors, and managers in a professional and courteous manner, addressing inquiries and concerns.
Required: Previous catering or food service experience, with at least 1-2 years in a supervisory or leadership role.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
- Previous experience in a high-volume food service environment, such as stadium, restaurant, or catering, is preferred.
- Ability to physically carry heavy trays, walk, stand and perform job duties.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations, including food presentation and service techniques.
- Must be able to operate in an environment with moderate to high noise levels.
- Physical stamina and the ability to stand for long periods and lift heavy objects.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must maintain company enforced uniform policy.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, based on event schedule.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.