Join a great team where residents are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for its food service operations at Bethany Village, a large upscale continuing care retirement community located in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Bethany Village is part of the Asbury Communities and offers several dining venues including a bistro, cafe, and restaurant-style dining. This Chef Manager will oversee the daily operations of the bistro, report to the General Manager and manage 6 hourly employees. The typical shift will be Tuesday - Saturday (7:30am - 4:00pm Tuesday- Wednesday and 10:30am - 7:00pm Thursday - Saturday).
The successful candidate will:
- oversee daily operations of the bistro with bar;
- handle ordering and inventory;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- have high expectations for the quality of food and presentation;
- have the ability and willingness to mentor and train employees; and
- knowledge of Food Management Systems/Software is preferred.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- prior food service experience with restaurants and/or retirement living dining;
- experience supervising and training a culinary team with exceptional human resource and supervisory skillset;
- a good financial acumen and strong computer skills;
- an enthusiasm for working with a diverse set of people and are confident and warm;
- a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail.
Learn more about Bethany Village.
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.