Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking an innovative Chef Manager for the University of Denver in Denver, Colorado. Our successful candidate will aid in managing the operations of the Grand Commons dining hall, take charge of administrative duties, and manage front-of-house staff, along with high-volume ordering and inventory.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee a high-volume food production operation;
Manage 20-25 hourly staff per shift, along with time keeping, scheduling, and training;
- Utilize Food Management systems for menu development, ordering and inventory;
- Provide the highest quality of service;
- Taste products, read menus, estimate food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment; and/or
- Comply with all company safety, risk management, and HACCP policies and procedures.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have/are:
- a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- a desire to learn and grow – while developing your team in their culinary skills.
Learn more about the University of Denver at University of Denver (du.edu)
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.