Success is yours when you collaborate and work hard in our team-based culture!
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager to join our team at NYU Langone Health's "Cafe 41" located in New York, NY. NYU Langone is one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers.
Previous culinary, union management experience in healthcare preferred.
The Chef Manager, at this location will manage a team of approximately 20 union employees and report directly to the Director of Culinary within Food and Nutrition Services.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of daily food operations and deliver a high-quality product;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline union staff;
- leading inservices, hiring & disciplinary, scheduling and some time keeping functions.
- be responsible for all HACCP procedures and ensure regulatory guidelines are being followed.
- ensure Sodexo standards are met to include compliance with company food and physical safety programs.
Click here to learn more about NYU Langone Health
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.