Use your passion for service and have a positive impact in the communities we serve!
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for Yale New Haven Hospital, Saint Raphael Campus, located in New Haven, CT. The Chef Manager will manage and develop a team of approximately 12-15 union, front-line staff.The ideal candidate for this role must be well organized and possess strong leadership skills. Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for tray line and diet office operations, scheduling of employees and payroll processing, patient rounding, and hands-on operational leadership as an opening or closing manager. This role will work a rotating schedule to include some weekends.
Culinary experience in healthcare setting preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- successfully coordinate all required tasks through subordinate managers, supervisors and frontline staff;
- deliver high quality food services including retail, catering and patient meal management operations;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships (i.e., comfortable in c-suite settings where communication skills are imperative when serving as top level site management)
- develop strategic plans;
- ensure HACCP, regulatory and standards compliance;
- have daily interaction with patients, their families and clinical team to ensure patient satisfaction;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- are enthusiastic and confident;
- ability to drive employee success to enhance the value of the food and nutrition team; I
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC), Sodexo Menu Graphics (SMG), Catetrax and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This does not apply to external candidates.
Learn more about Yale New Haven Hospital, Saint Raphael Campus here
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Employees who work at this location are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.