Sodexo's Senior Living Segment is looking for a Chef Manager to join our team at Lutheran Village at Miller's Grant in Ellicott City, Maryland! This Chef Manager will oversee the food service operations for a Bistro and 2 restaurants serving high end culinary creations and farm to table features.
The Chef Manager will report to the Executive Chef and will train and mentor cooks. This position will move in and out of the kitchen. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable with interfacing with the our residents. Typical shift will be 11am - 7pm, may vary with every other weekend coverage.
The successful candidate will:
- oversee daily operations of the bistro and 2 restaurants;
- handle ordering and inventory;
- have high expectations for the quality of food and presentation;
- have the ability and willingness to mentor and train employees; and
- knowledge of Food Management Systems/Software is preferred.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- prior food service experience with restaurants, catering and/or retirement living dining;
- experience supervising and training staff with exceptional human resource and supervisory skill-set;
- strong computer skills;
- an enthusiasm for working with a diverse set of people and are confident and warm;
- a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail.
Learn more about Millers Grant.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.