Are you a "foodie" looking for an opportunity to expand your culinary career?
Sodexo School Services provides essential food management solutions to school districts across the country. Sodexo is seeking a highly motivated, organized and customer service oriented Chef Manager for the Long Branch Public Schools, Long Branch, New Jersey. The Chef Manager will be responsible for daily activities at all sites, including coordination of employee scheduling, employee engagement, training, supply/product ordering, inventory management and assistance with financial performance of both the School District and Sodexo. This position will assist with menu development, recipe creation, nutritional software requirements, as well as items including nutritional education components for the School District, display/exhibition cooking, all catering functions, and job skills training for the kitchen staff.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
- High Volume Catering and Employee Training for cooking, presentation and catering skills.
- Food Orders, Menu development, Food cost monitoring and Program enhancements for students.
- Occasional nights (Board Dinners) and a few high end receptions.
- Summer program 2 week rotation of managers.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Campus Services, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.