Work for a company that cares for its people and offers opportunities for personal growth.
* $5,000 Sign On Bonus *
Sodexo Senior Living has an exciting opportunity for a Chef Manager for Frederick Living, an upscale continuing care retirement located in Zieglerville, Pennsylvania, nearby King of Prussia. Frederick Living is now affiliated with Garden Spot Communities. This is a great opportunity to grow your culinary career. The Chef Manager will be hands on with the kitchen operations at this 370 resident senior living facility. Will report to the General Manager and manage a staff of approximately 20 hourly employees per shift. Typical shift will be 10:00 am - 6:30pm, may vary with every other weekend coverage.
The successful candidate will:
- assist with overseeing the daily food production;
- cook as needed;
- oversee ordering and inventory;
- schedule staff;
- maintain HACCP logs;
- assist with catering functions;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and/or
- perform functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- prior 2 years of food service management experience;
- strong cooking skills;
- knowledge of therapeutic diets is helpful;
- knowledge of HACCP, safety and sanitation;
- passion for our residents and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies.
Learn more about: Frederick Living
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.