Are you ready to take your career to the next level with an organization that offers work life balance, growth opportunities, and a fun working culture with great beneifts?
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for Queens Medical Center located in Honolulu, HI. Founded in 1859 by Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV, The Queen’s Medical Center, originally named and still commonly referred to as Queen’s Hospital, is located in downtown Honolulu. With 575 acute care beds, it’s the largest private, nonprofit hospital in the city.
For more than 160 years, Queen’s has been on the cutting edge of advancements in health care. That’s one reason why the people of Hawai‘i and the Pacific Basin have entrusted us with their care. We have a legacy that is deeply woven into the culture of our communities – one of compassion, aloha, respect and excellence.
The Chef Manager will assist with overseeing all culinary operations for this hospital. The Chef Manager will be an experienced leader with proven ability to foster culture and mentor frontline staff, have a passion for culinary arts, and have an energetic and hands-on work ethic.
If you have a Culinary Background with Supervisory, Lead or Management Experience looking to grow your career with a supportive team in a fun working culture, you should apply now!
The successful candidate will:
- assist with all patient feeding, and catering;
- assist with implementing culinary systems and procedures for hospital;
- monitor, audit, implement and standardize new menus;
- oversee all Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills;
- supervisory experience in a culinary environment;
- the ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- working knowledge of HACCP.
Learn more about Queens Medical Center click here.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.